Our client is one of the largest fruit specialists in the UK and is continuing to develop its worldwide grower base.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a part time, permanent Fruit Technical specialist to be based in Europe, and to audit and oversee the packing of fruit at their supply base in both Northern and Southern Hemisphere. This role will be grower facing, adhering to the customers quality standards and implementing them at source, while developing and improving product quality.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Working with the supply base at source in the respective location.
• Conducting Audits and maintaining/uploading of completed audits.
• Overseeing and assisting the packing at source and be key to the beginning and end of season quality.
• Communicating with the UK based Technical Team and setting and upholding quality standards during growing and packing.
• Monitoring programmes
• Providing regular crop, packing, maturity and weather (as well as physical movements) updates via daily/weekly reports.
A proven track record in a Technical, Supplier facing role working with Fruit is essential. The successful candidate will have an excellent eye for detail, effective communication, management and organisational skills. You will be knowledgeable with SEDEX, BRC and HACCP.
This role will be permanently based in Europe, Spanish language would be beneficial.
To be considered for this Fruit Technical / Technologist role, please apply now! or call our team on 01284 735575.