Our Client is a unique Fresh Produce business, sourcing product to supply an alternative and exclusive product range to the UK market. Due to continued success and growth, we now offer the opportunity of Buying Assistant to join the business and work with a strong, positive, and successful Buying team.
Reporting to the Buying Manager, the position of Buying Assistant will work closely with their sourcing and operations team to manage produce quality, shelf life and packing processes to ensure customers receive the best possible experience.
- Assist buyers in forecasting demand and confirming supplier orders and creating purchase orders.
- Manage stocks and deal with supply and demand fluctuations to ensure their customers’ orders are met
- Work closely with suppliers to understand weekly availability and collection/delivery schedules.
- Inform suppliers of any quality or quantity issues, providing supporting information and completing claims where necessary.
- Work closely with the Operations Team on a daily basis as the key link between the buying team and the packing operation.
- A minimum of 2 years fresh produce experience. Ideally in a buying support or supply chain role
- Driven, with entrepreneurial spirit, not letting anything dampen your energy and a willingness to push through to achieve results.
- A track record of ‘getting things done’ and prepared to take a hands-on approach.
- Ability to operate effectively in a team whilst also confident working alone.
- Flexible, with the ability to adapt to the changing priorities and needs of the business.
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Keen attention to detail
Must be numerate and have good excel skills
Salary; Up to £30k, dependent on experience offered
Hours; Monday to Friday, home based with regular visits to their site in Kent
Please call Aimi or Louise to discuss the role of Buying Assistant / Procurement Coordinator / Supply Chain Assistant on 01284 735575 or alternatively please send a CV in application to firstname.lastname@example.org