This role would suit an experienced food safety or technical officer looking to join an exciting, rapidly growing, values-based, sustainable business blazing the way in the evolving ag-tech industry. The role will provide the right candidate with the opportunity to build upon our current food safety standards and establish the foundation for compliance and food safety structures in new sites as the business grows. In addition, this role provides the unique opportunity to work closely with Senior Leadership to build out the business’ sustainability compliance structure and procedures.
- Thrive in a fast-paced fresh produce environment and is excited about building out systems and processes for a growing business.
- Wants to work within the Fresh Produce industry.
- Has a distinct interest in sustainability and food security.
- Understands the key challenges linking agriculture, climate and biodiversity.
- Wants to have a positive impact on the environment, society and urban life.
- To take ownership of site compliance by ensuring all aspects of food safety, Quality Management Systems (Including HACCP) operate as required, and the company remains fully compliant with customer COP, HACCP, TACCP, VACCP and current legislation.
- Management of the Quality Management System(QMS) to comply with BRC and Customer (M&S, Co-op, Sainsbury etc.) requirements and Standards.
- Lead BRC and other third party audits that relate to food safety and compliance.
- Conduct internal audits and close out any raised non-conformances, ensure the internal audit schedule is implemented against the QMS & the Customer Codes of Practices / Requirements.
- Ensure the site is “audit ready” at all times.
- Manage microbiological testing processes and matrix, track results and analyse the trends while making ongoing recommendations for improvements to production processes.
- Previous experience in a Compliance Management position, within the Fresh Produce sector (both low-care & high-care environments).
- Knowledge of and confidence to work to achieve BRC, Red Tractor, and Customer 3rd-party Audits.
- Experience leading internal and external audits with formal Auditing qualifications.
- Familiar with M&S Food Safety & Select Farm standards.
- HAACP and Food Safety Level 4 .
- Food Service and Retail customer exposure advantageous.
- Comprehensive understanding and exposure to QMS, HACCP, VACCP, TACCP, GMP and KPI management.
- Continuous improvement experience.
- Passionate about sustainability, knowledgeable of up to date sustainability issues, particularly in the fresh produce and agricultural sector.
Location: London with a work from home option
Salary: Up to £45k